Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A Fresh Look at Maturity as Sons

How did a simple, different, and uneducated man like me get plugged in with a group of young and on Fire men and women in San Jose, California? A location known as, Silicon Valley, a place known for computer, the web, and nerds :-)  These guys are so passionate about the word of God, and setting this place on fire! One of the leaders in the group has a vision of getting these big computer web companies like Google and stuff to catch wind of the Gospel and it will spread like wild fire all over the world.

So again, what the heck am I doing here? Computers are not my thing, up to this point. I have met some amazing people. I have prayed for more people here in 4 weeks then I ever have in all five years of being a Christian, and I'm ashamed to say so. Coming here, seeing what these guys are doing, and letting myself be a part of this move of the body of Christ, has really set a fire under my butt!

I've often dreamed of living in Africa, Mexico or somewhere urban where people really need a touch from God, in a supernatural way...a land filled with clear demonic life styles, where diseases are rampant. A place where I would feel like a hero to the people. David Hogan is a clear picture of something I would love to do. However, as I am maturing in Christ, I've begun to see and acknowledge that this gospel of the kingdom, is not some game, or fantasy.  These are real men, women, and children dieing everyday because I have not humbled myself enough to see past my own wants and needs.

The kingdom of God will and has to advance into peoples lives, or they die. John 10:10 tells us so.
We need to begin to see clearly with our eyes and hearts at the "real" word of God, which is Jesus.(John 1:1-6)
The Kingdom is a real place in the spirit, just like earth. We become law abiding citizens of the Kingdom of God, here and now on earth, when we become children of God, through the blood of Jesus. We repent and turn to Jesus, and pledge to follow his laws and not our own.  It's His kingdom, not ours. We were bought with His blood into this relationship with God, through adoption, as sons. Therefore, we must be good and faithful sons. We advance the kingdom of God in us, when we take over territories in peoples mindsets with the Gospel. People advance the kingdom through their lives. We are kings. We should conquer our lands and subdue it accordingly. Gen. 1:28

I found out lately that we are children of God and not yet sons. In the Hebrew tradition, a boy was not yet labeled a son by his father, but a servant, until the boy was mature enough to know and care for the affairs of his father...being entrusted with tasks, and works. Then, and only then, would the father officialy "adopt" him as a son. Very interesting indeed.






But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, [even] to them that believe on His name: John 1:12
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. Romans 8:14
Now I say, [That] the heir, as long as he is a child, differs nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all. Galatians 4:1
but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. Romans 8:15

So, I propose to you all that when you are born again, you technically are a son, but a child only able to drink the milk of the word, and not any meat. (John4:34)
As you mature in Christ, and you begin to get responsible to handle the affairs of you Father's kingdom, you will Do the will of your father, and His desires will become your desires. You will know the heart of your father, and you will become like Him.

Oh, friends how I long to grow up faster, so I too can partake in this wonderful work that God is doing already.
The question I hear alot from fathers all over, is "Well, what does doing the will of God look like for a husband, and father of 'x' # of kids?" " How can I fit ministry into my life with my job and all the responsibilities I have?"  My response would have to be, not how to fit the kingdom into "your life", but die to yourself and make your life fit into the Kingdom. Whatever sacrifices you have to make.

Jesus said in Matt 14:44-36. "The kingdom is like a man who sold everything to buy a field when he knew there was treasure in the field...and also a pearl of great price."
You see, it's not about us fitting the kingdom into our lives but ours into the kingdom.

Hope this will help anyone thats been asking God these questions.

I love you guys and I'm praying that all your questions and needs be met in Christ, speedily.

Glory and Freedom

No comments:

Post a Comment